Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Just sick, but...

Not the way you would think though! My morning (more like all day) sickness has been gone for a while now; and other than a bout with the Croup a couple weeks ago (T) and a cold (Ken), we, VERY thankfully, have been pretty healthy.

No, I'm just sick, like disgusted with myself sick, because of something that happened last night...or rather early this morning. Lately, Taysum has been soaked at night and needs a complete change. I kind of think it was because of the medicine he was on because that's when it started and it's not happening as often since he's been off of it. So, he came into our room and said my name. I just kind of grunted a "Huh?" because I was still mostly asleep. By the second, "Mom?" I was awake, but not excited to change him again, so I just made another, "Huh?" sound. I was hoping Ken would wake up and take a turn because I was really tired. After the third, "Mom and Huh?" (I know...I'm getting more and more disgusted with myself the more I think about this!!) my conniving worked and Ken woke up. He asked T what he needed and he said, "I want to talk to Mom." Ken said, "Mommy is sleeping." T still sleeps in our room sometimes and we have a pillow and blanket on the floor for him, so Ken got him settled. Again, "I want to talk to Mom!" I was still thinking he was wet, so I didn't say any thing.

After the third, "I want to talk to Mom!" and not hearing Ken or T saying anything about being wet...it hit me that he wasn't wet and he wanted to talk to me! Ken had gotten him settled and I said, "What?" Very kindly (thinking I had really been asleep) Ken said, "Nothing...it's OK." I felt SO bad and it was killing me wanting to know what Taysum wanted to say. He started coughing a bit, so I asked him if he was OK and if he wanted some water, trying to strike up a conversation. He said (kind of sadly) he was OK and that was the end of it!

It just breaks my heart thinking of it now! It took me awhile to even fall asleep again because I felt bad and was so curious as to what he was going to say! So, I guess Ken is out of getting up with the kids for awhile!!

1 comment:

  1. Teancum used to sleep next to our bed every night. In fact, it was such a regular thing that we kept an extra crib mattress on the floor next to the bed. But he grew out of it. We all have mommy times like you did where we feel bad for what we did or said, or didn't do or didn't say... What shows that you're a great mom is that you recognized it and decided to do something different next time... Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete