Monday, October 19, 2009

Blog-A-Thon 14 ~ I Love to See the Temple

Hooray! I'm finally caught up!! I made 14 posts and listened to all 4 sessions of General Conference and the Relief Society session in two days!

Last weekend we went to the temple. Our kids were SO excited to see the temple! Our wonderful Young Women babysat for those who wanted to attend a session. It's pretty rare for Ken and I to attend a session together and it was wonderful! T & B really enjoyed "the girls." They both ran up and hugged one of the YW that babysit them every once in a while. They really love Makenzie!

After that, we went and got some lunch at A&W. Then we took the kids to see the temple. We dropped Ken off for the Youth Baptisms. We went to Wal Mart and the bread store. Then we went to pick up Ken.

I wish I could remember who, but one of the leaders of the Church encouraged us to take our children to the temple grounds and let them touch the temple. T really loved that idea.
That night when we got home, Ken took the kids outside to play for a bit. It was such a beautiful day! T struck this pose and said, "I'm a temple!!" Something I remember from his baby blessing was that he would love the temple and he sure does! He can always recognize a picture of a temple and he know what it is even though some of them look so differnt from others. Bailey follows his example in everything and she gets just as excited! I hope they always keep this love and excitement for the temple. He doesn't quite understand Moroni on top of the temple. He always askes about it. This time he said, "What's that man?" I tried to explain, but I don't think I did it to his satisfaction; we'll have to keep working on that one.
This is another "temple" he built. Whenever he has blocks or anything he can stack, he always builds a "temple."

1 comment:

  1. Great to see you post again. Your kids are just so beautiful, love seeing pictures of them, and the picture on your heading is too cute!

    ReplyDelete