Sunday, November 20, 2011

Our New House! :)

Ken started his new job on October 17th.  The company put him up in a hotel suite until we could afford to move down there with him.  He left on the 15th, after I got back from Super Saturday.  He took our safe with him which had some important documents in it that he needed for some paperwork to start.  It turned out he had left the key in Lovell.  So, I decided to head down there.  I made arrangements for Taysum and Bailey with Aunt Lindsay, Grandma Anderson and our friend Nicole for "sleepovers" (which the kids were really excited about) and rides to and from school.  I'm so thankful for so many wonderful people who are so loving and kind and helpful to our family!  We packed up and Hayden and I headed for Rock Springs.  Hayden was so wonderful on the trip!  He got a little car sick on Monday, but what started out as a crazy rush ended up being a great and productive trip!  I was able to contact some schools and visit possible places to live.  Just by chance, we found the perfect place!  I was touring an apartment we were considering and across the street, there was a subdivision of town houses.  I thought, there's got to be something for rent in there!  As I was driving in, I noticed a billboard with a contact number on it for rentals.  I called and was able to arrange for a tour that evening.  We loved it and told the manager we'd take it!  It was such a relief to know where we were going to be living!

It's a part of a duplex and this is it from the outside.
 Nice, big garage
 I LOVE the kitchen!!
 The Living and Dining Rooms are connected, and very open with the kitchen.

 We have a good sized backyard completely fenced in!  They also allowed us to have Tempo!  We had him debarked and it's working out just great!
 We also have a nice, little pantry
 The boys' room
 Can you guess whose room this is? :)
 The kids' bathroom
 The laundry room
It is awesome!  They provide a washer and dryer and it's upstairs next to the bedrooms!!
 The master bedroom
 The master bathroom
There is also a 1/2 bathroom downstairs.  I just love it and was so excited that things fell into place so quickly and so well!  We were so very blessed!

The best part of the trip (aside from being with Ken) was being able to meet and visit with the Atkinsons.  Jeff and Jen hung out with Ken in High School.  I've heard a lot about them, but I was finally able to meet them and their cute kids.  It was like we had been frinds forever and we had a great time getting to know them better!  It was really nice to know we have friends there!  We actually know quite a few people: Tony and Michelle Hall (I went to HS with them), the Atkinsons, the Stauffers, the Sorensons, the Hisers, the Wills; and there are a few Lovell people in Green River as well including Steve and Stacia Tirrell!  Living in Rock Springs is going to be great!

The worst part of the trip, however, was on the way home.  Lindsay had let me borrow their Expedition for the trip.  We were nearly home, in Greybull, and I hit a deer!  I didn't even see it until I hit it!  It was crazy!  It hit the front left corner... I didn't know what else to do, so I just kept driving.  I got home and it looked like the only thing damaged was the front headlight.  However, the next day, We could see that the whole side was dented and damaged... so it hit the front and then rolled off along the side and dented up the doors.  I felt so awful!  Come to find out, they were trying to sell it so they could buy a new vehicle.  Long story short, we bought it from them and it worked out just fine.  It was a real blessing in disguise for us; we were looking to buy a used SUV anyway and it's a good vehicle; luckily the damage (other than the light) is cosmetic.  The very next week, Ken was coming home for the weekend and the car in front of him hit a deer.  It totaled that vehicle and then Ken ran over it and got a flat tire.  He was able to get the spare on and make it home.  The next day when we got it fixed, they found it had been a tooth that had punctured the tube!  Ken's accident cost a couple thousand less than mine, but it all worked out and we're very thankful that we're all ok and still have working vehicles!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I recognize most of those names! :) Glad things are going well there. We'll have to stop in and say hi sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful house! So happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete