Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas

So, it was just barely a few days after Thanksgiving, I don't think we were even completely finished digesting the succulent meal, and we dove right into Christmas!  I always love it when our house is decorated for Christmas!  I love the lights and colors and warmth it all brings; the Spirit of Christ.

After 11 Christmases, we broke in a new tree!  Our first tree was given to us by Ken's sister and was a beautiful little tree for us for over a decade.  A couple years ago, my sister gave us a larger tree, so we decided to try it out this year.  Also, we retired our beautiful star!  It was very beautiful, but falling apart more and more each year and it was getting harder and harder to get it to stay on our tree.  So, we have also been enjoying our new star this year!  It's been a beautiful Christmas season so far, and I pray the true Spirit of the season with grow in my heart a little more each day... even beyond Christmas Day!
 
  
Hayden was very excited and curious about all the commotion.  He grabbed a Santa hat and sat down in front of the tree, cute as could be, and I just had to grab my camera...

... and of course get everyone involved! :)
A few days later (I know it's the same clothes, but they are clean!) Bailey and Hayden were enjoying some popcorn and a movie in the bean bag.

Then, our little friend Jacob, who visits often from next door came over and joined the party!  :)  Let the holidays and festivities begin! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment