Saturday, December 10, 2011

Giving Thanks

For Thanksgiving, we went to Lovell.  It was really hard to leave Lovell to move to Rock Springs and we were all a bit homesick; so it was nice to be able to go back and visit for a few days.  We were so impressed with the kids!  We only made 1 stop the whole trip... which, for us, is unheard of! :)  Our stop was for dinner at McDonald's in Lander.



The kids were so excited for Thanksgiving and wanted to help as much as they could!  Bailey helped Grandma with the pies and made some yummy pinwheels with the leftover crust!
Meanwhile, Taysum was helping Ken put together some shelves and fix a curtain rod for my mom!
We had a great Thanksgiving with my parents, my grandparents the Lindsays, Nick and Lindi and also the sister missionaries!  It was so good to be with family and enjoy their wonderful company! :)

For a couple years now, I've wanted to start a Thanksgiving tradition with the kids, and I finally did it this year!  I thought it would be fun to watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving while eating snacks from Charlie's Thanksgiving Dinner: Toast, Popcorn, Pretzel Sticks and Jelly Beans!  It was a big hit with the kids and I'm hoping we'll be able to do it again next year with the Cutler crew! :)
Even the adults sat down to enjoy the show...

The biggest hit, by far, for the kids was Grandpa's iPad; they had so much fun with that and with Grandpa!

It was fun to be with my Mom and sister over the weekend!  My mom and I worked on some crafts for Christmas.  The three of us also went to watch Breaking Dawn: Part I.  We've seen all the movies together, so far, and it was fun to be able to be with them again for that!

I love this time of year when we are given extra opportunity to remember all the many, wonderful things our Father in Heaven and our Lord, Jesus Christ have done for us.  The greatest gift being, the Gospel and our family!  "Both sides" are just perfect for us and feels more like one big family!  We have three beautiful, loving children who bring joy and meaning to our life.  I've been so blessed to have my love, my friend, my husband by my side, as I am by his through this wonderful life!  I could never express the depth of my gratitude for these treasured blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment