Monday, May 9, 2011

My Birthday

I kind of skipped over my birthday here, so I'm going to back track a moment.  I'm *gulp* ... 31 now!  I had a wonderful birthday!  I felt so loved and Ken just made it such a wonderful day.  Ken usually leaves for work at 6:30am.  He got up even earlier than usual to make my birthday cake.  When I say "make" I don't mean out of a box!  It was a recipe from my Great Aunt!  That right there just made my day!  The gifts he got for me were perfect and just what I needed!  My best friend, Kori spoiled me and sent me a really fun gift as well!  It was just a nice and relaxing day!  I took a friend of mine out to lunch and saw another dear friend while we were there as well.  Hayden had a follow up doctor's appointment and did very well; Bailey was such a good girl, too!  When Ken got home, he took me out to dinner and then my family came over for cake!  My mom and sister gave me some fun gifts as well.  The next day I received a card and gift from my in-laws.  I also received cards from my Gpa and Gma Garrick, Aunt Joanne, and Ken's Aunt Judy.  I felt really spoiled!  It was such a great day!
Even though this is really out of order, I'll add something about Mother's Day as well.  Once again, Ken and the kids made it a very nice day for me.  They let me sleep in and then brought me breakfast in bed with "MOM" shaped pancakes! :)  Ken didn't have any extra meetings, so that was really nice, as well.  We got ready for church and then picked up a girl in my primary class.  We were even pretty close to being on time!  Sacrament meeting was a lot of in and out, but I was glad that I was able to hear Bailey sing with the Primary; Taysum didn't want to go up.  The ward gave the mothers a Geranium, which was very nice.  Krystalin took one for her mom, but in RS, the Primary President came and got me and told me she had eaten the leaves off the plant!  We stood there a moment not knowing what to do, and then I said I'd take care of it.  Luckily, Bro. Thomas is an EMT and he told us it's not a poisonous plant; I still took her home.  Once her mom knew it wasn't poisonous, she just thought it was pretty funny!  After Church, I got a little nap and then we made dinner for the missionaries.  Ken got the house in order and we had a nice time with the elders.  Then we went to see Grandma Anderson and give her her gift.  The Lindsays were there, too and it was fun to see them as well.  We went home and called Grammy Penny and got the kids down.  After that, Ken and I just talked and talked... it was so great and ended up being about 3 hours!  I just love talking with my husband and knowing that he loves talking with me, too!  I am so blessed and very thankful to have the fortunate blessing to be given the honor to raise three beautiful and wonderful kids!  I'm so very blessed to have such a wonderful husband to support me in my calling as a mother and who honors his priesthood, and honors my womanhood and motherhood.  I am also very fortunate to be blessed with so many wonderful examples throughout the generations of my family and to have a wonderful mother and mother-in-law of my own; and many other righteous women of my acquaintance whom I love and are also worthy of emulation!

No comments:

Post a Comment