Friday, May 27, 2011

I Love My Calling!

Can I just say I LOVE Relief Society!!  I always have and I've missed it when I've had other callings and couldn't attend.  For about a year and a half I've been on the Relief Society Activities Committee and it's been the best calling ever!  I get to work with some of my most favorite women and it's just been fun!!  Our last activity was a gardening activity.  It was a great activity and we all learned a lot, had a great turn out, and had a lot of fun; I think the best part for me was the preparation!  Janet Kinser is the counsellor in the presidency over the activities.  I just love this lady!  She had become such a good friend and I just love spending time with her!  We worked together on some things for this activity and it was just wonderful spending time with her in her home getting things ready.  It was a BEAUTIFUL day!  We really enjoyed being outside most of the time!  Her granddaughter, Whitney and Bailey were in the same preschool class and Bailey just LOVES Whitney.  They had a great time together while we worked on some things.  Janet is so creative and ambitious!  She made these little herb boxes for each of the sisters to take home.  She made them herself, then we painted a little space on the side with chalkboard paint so they could write on it what they had in the box.  Later that day, she drilled holes on the sides and tied little rope handles.  They are just adorable!  We also had a fun time making the "garden" dessert.  She has this cute cupcake book and this is what we created!

I was so thankful the activity was a success, but I'm also so thankful that Heavenly Father has blessed me with such a good friend!!

1 comment:

  1. Those are adorable! I love my calling and the ladies I serve with too. Sometimes I think I'm too excited to go to a presidency meeting.;)

    ReplyDelete