Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Valentine's Day

Since our anniversary is less than two weeks before Valentine's Day, heart day is usually about our whole family.  The first FHE in February, we started a "love chain."  At the end of each day, we talked about what happened that day that made us feel loved.  Then we'd write or draw it on a strip of paper and link them together to make a long chain.  The kids loved watching it grow and grow!  Some of the things that made us feel loved were:
  • H- Eating "big food"
  • M- Getting to talk with Aunt Lindi
  • B- She mostly drew pictures of  "planets"
  • D- Family bearing testimony
  • T- He drew a lot of Mario characters
  • D- I love Kimberly
  • B- His letters and Fred (a stuffed "Despicable Me" character she got in a claw machine)
  • H-When mom and dad are with me
  • M- Spending time with my best friend and the love of my life
  • T- Be good
  • D- Smiles from my whole family
  • T- Lunch
  • T- Not time out
  • M- When Ken gives me a long hug
  • H- When Bailey plays with me
  • T- Valentine's Day
  • H- Chicken nuggets!
Those were just a few of our "love links!" :)  The kids just REALLY loved this activity and had a lot of fun making the chain. 
One tradition we have is making Juju Heart cookies.  They are Ken's favorite and he headed up the project this year.  The kids loved helping him and they turned out really runny yummy! ;)

 Another tradition we have is getting balloons from Grandpa!  When we were young, my Dad would always send us Valentine's Day balloons and I love that he continues the tradition!  From my mom, we always get a YUMMY Rice Krispie's heart treat and valentine!  She always puts red hot hearts on the treats and this year she put them in the shape of the kids' first initial.  They were too yummy and didn't last long enough for a picture! :)
 There were also A LOT of gorgeous flowers at our house as well!  Ken absolutely spoiled me and bought me a dozen red roses!  They were so lovely and I was so happy that they lasted quite a while!  Ken also sent me a singing Valentine.  I had sent one to the kids as well (Taysum's at school and the others at home) so we had a lovely little bouquet of carnations as well!
 We bought a book on CD for Bailey called "Jump Frog Jump."  She had borrowed it from school a couple times and really enjoyed it, so we got it for her.  We FINALLY got rechargeable batteries and a charging base for Taysum's Wii remotes!  We'll save a fortune in AAs!!  Hayden really loves silky blankets, so I bought him a soft baby blue blanket with "Thank Heaven for Little Boys" and a sail boat on it.  The boarder is silky and he just loves it!  It's fun to see him start to prefer certain things! :)
 This is just one of those cute, random pictures I had to throw in there!
We hope you all felt very loved on Valentine's Day this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment