Tuesday, March 1, 2011

First Testimonies

On Fast Sunday, in February, Taysum mentioned he wanted to "talk in the microphone" at Church and I told him he could.  He asked Ken, too and Ken told him that would be all right.  So, once people started standing up and bearing their testimonies, Taysum reminded me that he wanted a turn.  There were a lot of people going up, so we had to wait a bit.  While we were waiting, I asked him what he was going to say.  After he thought for a bit he said, "That Heavenly Father loves me?"  I told him that would be a great thing to say.  When he got up there, I gave him some time to see what he would say.  I could tell he was getting a little nervous and looked to me for help.  I helped him with a few things and reminded him of what he wanted to say.  He was so happy when he was done.  It really warmed my heart.  On our way back down the aisle, Bailey came running up shouting, "My turn!  My turn!"  I got her up there and all set up.  I was all ready to help her, but she jumped right in and started talking.  Hers was more of a prayer, but her heart was in it and she was sincere.  It was such a tender mother moment.  I was pleased to follow the example of my children and I took the time to bear my testimony.  I expressed how, as a mother, I could think of anything more important that I would want my children to know than that their Father in Heaven loves them.  That is something I think of often and try to remind my kids of: that their Father in Heaven loves them.  It was such a sweet experience to hear the young testimonies of my own children!`

No comments:

Post a Comment