Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Goodbye Job...Hello Purse

Well, after nearly 4 years, I have left Eleutian Technology.  I left with mixed feelings.  I was only working a little at night, but with three kids, watching kids during the day, and Ken working so late, it was just getting to be too much.  I'd work late at night and then it would take me a while to wind down, so I was up really late.  Lately my body really doesn't react well physically, to a lack of sleep and I was beginning to have some pretty serious troubles, which didn't allow me to work anyway!  I went on inactive status, and I've gotten much better, so I figured it would probably be a good idea to quit.  I love the company and I'm so thankful for the opportunities and experiences I've had!  Perhaps one day when my kids are older, I may be able to go back.  So... on my last day, I went in to do the final paperwork, etc. and Ken told me to have fun.  I said, "Can I buy myself something?"  That sounded fun to me!  He just laughed and said he had never heard of it done that way... quit your job, then go buy something!  Well, I took that as a yes. ;)  So, (before I went to do the paper work) I went to my favorite store, The Hen House, and looked for a new purse.  They had just gotten in a bunch of new purses and I was so excited!  I was looking at one purse, that I was sure would be around $50-$60 dollars, plus it wasn't typically the style I would normally buy.  I looked at the price tag anyway and it was only $28!  I couldn't believe it.  The more I thought about it, the more I was liking it!  I finally decided it was the one!  I took it to the register and the guy who rang me up was really surprised at the price, too; it wasn't even on sale or anything!  He looked at it and was talking about how great a purse it was and then he said, I should have charged you more!  It was mostly joking, but I think he kind of meant it, too!  Anyway, the longer I've had it, the more I've come to love it!  Especially the fact that I got it at such a great price!!  So, I'll miss my job, but I'll enjoy my farewell gift to myself! ;D

3 comments:

  1. I love your new purse!! I'm glad you get to spend more time taking care of you. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous purse! And you're not the only one who bought something after quitting her job although our purchase was much bigger and more expensive. We bought a new minivan the day after I quit my job! And I've never regretted it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the updates you've done on your blog! Sounds like you guys have been keeping pretty busy! And the purse is super cute...and at such a good price! :)

    ReplyDelete