Thursday, September 2, 2010

Taysum's First Day of School

WOW!! I've really gotten behind! Some really great things have been happening and I don't want the memories to fade too much before I get them down!


We now have three students in our house!! Ken is taking an Engineering class through North West Community College in Powell. It works out really perfectly because the class is during his lunch break Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. He's taken two tests and got an 'A' on both and 100% on his last one!! His teacher is really impressed with him. I'm really impressed with him, too! Between being a husband, father, employee, college student, soccer coach and now Young Men's President, he is one busy boy!! I know it's stressful for him and he doesn't feel he does as much as he would like to; I am so thankful that he handles things so well and I love him for that!!

Next is Taysum Guy, our KINDERGARTENER!! I can hardly believe we've entered the world of the public school system!! It's exciting, but overwhelming all at the same time! He could hardly stand it, he was so excited for school to start! His teacher sent out a little card with a picture of herself on it introducing herself to the students. He didn't know I was watching, but I saw him put the card up on his bulletin board in his room and he said, "I hope my teacher love me!" It was so sweet. Everyone at school seems to really enjoy Taysum. The first day of school, I woke him up and told him it was time for school. He jumped up, gave me a big hug and kissed me three times on the cheek. He was SO excited! He was so ready to go! I only got blurry pictures because he was trying to get out the door! :)
It was quite the experience taking my little boy to the same school I went to at that age! I can remember my Mom taking me to Kindergarten and now here I am taking my oldest to school! It was just amazing to me!! Taysum had a great welcoming committee! Grandpa Anderson is the case manager for his IEP. He has been great in helping Taysum's teacher create the best possible experience for Taysum! Aunt Lindsay has been a great help as well! She takes him to school everyday and has been really good about keeping an eye out for him! Mrs. Winland and Mrs. Ellis are two of the paras that work with Taysum.
Going into the "BIG school!"
Getting in line for breakfast with Primary classmate, Katherine Mickleson.
Taysum was really excited for the first few days of school. He would come home exhausted and grumpy, but that's a big change for a little guy. We have all day Kindergarten here, so it's rough on those little ones. By Thursday he said he was done with school! The mornings are a little rough, but once he gets to school he's just fine! His teacher, Mrs. Floy, is great! She's really open to trying anything that will help Taysum. It's taken these first few weeks to figure things out, but with a lot of help from Grandpa and Mrs. Floy, I think we're getting things in place to really help Taysum be successful!!
We've had another change at our house! We traded one Kindergarten boy for two little girls!! I am watching my nieces during the day. In the morning, Lindsay drops off her girls, Carissa and Celeste, and takes Taysum to school. After school, CJ, Quinn and Taysum go to Grandpa's room until Lindsay is done and then she brings him home, too; it works out really nicely. We keep pretty busy here with a 4, 3, 1 and 6 month old! On Mondays and Fridays we take Bailey to preschool (see next post); Tuesday through Thursday we take Carissa to preschool. Also on Wednesdays we take Carissa and Bailey to dance class (another post coming soon!)
This was Taysum coming home on his first day. He was pretty worn out and didn't really talk much about what happened that day, but I think he's getting used to the schedule now!
Watching Jimmy Neutron with Hayden.
It's so interesting to have entered this chapter in our lives! It's sad to see them move out of the baby stage, but it's also exciting to see them have these new experiences and start to have their own lives out in the world! As long as they always come home at the end of the day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment