Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bike Rodeo

That weekend, the town had a "Bike Rodeo." It's a big event where everyone is invited to learn about bike safety. They were giving away great prizes including helmets for all the kids who don't have one. Sadly, we got there too late and they were all gone! They had some obstacle courses set up that were really clever. Each one taught how to be safe on a bike. We met up with Lindsay and her kids just as they were leaving. Ken was on a youth temple trip, so he didn't get to come.
CJ waiting in line for an obstacle course Celeste and Carissa with her pretty princess helmet
(Taysum in the background) Taysum had a lot of fun riding through the courses
Bailey, Hayden and I tagged along in the double stroller Follow the line
Stop at all intersections and look both ways!
They had some side walk chalk in a pile for the kids to play with. I think this was Taysum and Bailey's favorite part of the whole thing!
Hayden had a fine time hanging out in the stroller
More chalk
I was so pleased with how good the kids were! It was a relatively stress free event and I felt so brave doing it on my own!! Usually I don't do much if Ken isn't with me! Even though we did pretty well on our own, we're always a lot happier when Daddy is home! My Dad took Taysum fishing, so Bailey "helped" Ken mow the lawn.
Hayden was pretty fussy, so I tried taking him outside to see if a change of scenery would help. It worked like a charm! He loves being outside!

Taysum came home later that day and he had been the only one to catch a fish! They let it go back to his home. He had such a fun time! I love that my Dad does stuff like that with the grandkids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment