Thursday, September 2, 2010

New Project: Scrap Albums

I love to scrapbook, but it's just way too overwhelming with little "helpers" around. I thought, maybe I'd just go to photo albums, but that didn't seem quite right either. Then my wonderful sister-in-law, Leah, told me she had seen this idea on TV and it was my answer!! It's a combination of scrapbook and photo album!! What you do is you get a cute photo album (they make them as cute as scrapbooks any more). Then you just make a 4x6 card with the accessories and journaling; then you can have as many pictures following it as you want! You don't have to worry about limiting the pictures, because you don't have to put them all on paper; you use A LOT less material, so all your scrapbook "stuff" goes A LOT further! I love it because, I can spend some time and make the 4x6 card really nice, and then just stick the pictures in the sleeves! I LOVE it!! I'm SO glad that I found something that will work for me!! I haven't started yet, because I promised myself I would organize all our pictures first! So, I did some samples just to see how it would work and it is SO fun!! The first one was an example for a Relief Society Activity:
This was the sample I made for the sisters if they wanted to put one together: I put these in a small photo album and gave it to my friend, Jill, for her baby shower. She was pretty excited about it! I can't wait to start on Scrap Albums for my kids!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Kim! That is way cool you found something that works for you. You will have to keep posting all the cool things you do.

    ReplyDelete