Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Bailey in the bubbles: We had a very nice Labor Day weekend! On Saturday, we went up to Billings. It had been awhile since Ken and I had been to the temple, so it was a great chance to go! Ken went first while the kids and I did some long over-due shopping! We got some really great clothes for the kids; it was really nice. By the time we got back to the temple, it was starting to close down for the day and I wasn't able to perform any services; however, I did take the chance to just sit in the lobby and enjoy the peace of the Spirit. In the Billings' temple lobby, there is a sky light the length of the room right underneath the spire; so when you look up you can see the spire, the angel Moroni and the sky. It was so incredible! I've glanced at it many times, but that day I just sat and enjoyed! The sky was a deep blue with bright fluffy clouds floating by! It was just perfect! After that, we took the kids to a nearby park to let them work their wiggles out. We had a good time. There was a little girl there by herself and she and Taysum became good friends. (See the video at the end)
There was a storm rolling in and it was pretty powerful to watch!
Taysum and his new friend.
Hayden is getting so mobile! I just LOVE his quick smile!
We got some new underwear for Taysum. When we got them in the store, a man walked by and Taysum said all excited, "Look what I got!" The man and I laughed and I said, "Taysum, you don't have to show people your underwear!" The man said, "That's OK, I did the same thing with my little boy last night." It was pretty funny. This is his first time trying boxer briefs and he thought they were pretty interesting. He asked what kind of underwear they were. When Ken told him they were boxer briefs, Taysum ran and got his boxing gloves! What else would you do in boxers, but box!?!
Monday was a nice day, too! We went up to the mountains with my parents and three of Lindsay's kids. My Dad has lived in this area all his life and is in the mountains all the time! So we were surprised to hear of a place we knew nothing about! It's called Paradise Falls. So, we decided to try and go find it. There's no sign and it's not maintained, but there is a path from all the people walking on it. By the time we got to the top, it was...yes...SNOWING!! It was pretty cold, but we decided to rough it out! The trail was a lot more difficult than we had anticipated, but we made it! Even doing Zumba every week, I was sore for the next few days. It was so worth it, though! The falls were just beautiful! I'm excited to go back when it's warmer and the kids are a little older! I was just SO bummed that I forgot my camera!! When we got back, I had a meeting and Ken had soccer practice. Then we had homemade pizza with my parents and the Lindsays. It was a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment