Thursday, March 19, 2009

You Never Can Tell with Bees...

Yes...Winnie the Pooh has come to the Cutler home. Both kids are completely smitten! We dug out all the Pooh sheets, toys, blankets, binkies, books and have started a small collection of videos. That is actually how it all started! Gpa and Gma Anderson lent a Winnie the Pooh movie to Taysum and that is all he wanted to watch! Luckily they had another two they also lent to him.

I liked them OK, but I missed the original Disney ones I watched as a kid, so I found a collection for about 60% off and I got it for them. It's all we've been watching! I guess it could be worse!

Taysum calls himself Tigger now. He has always been very defensive of his name. Someone will say, "Hi, Buddy!" and he'll say back (in a not very nice tone) "No! I'm Taysum." So, it's really saying something when he says he's Tigger!!


He found this adapter cord and figured out how to stick it down his pants as a Tigger tail. Needless to say, it was a little dangerous.


So I had a "Mommy of the Moment" award!! I went to the fabric store and made two Tigger tails. He adores it!! He wears it ALL the time.
He's pretty rough on it and it's more like an Eyore tail...always needing mending. It made me feel good (and safer) to do that for him! :) I thought this was a very Tigger-ish pose ;)
So, now a days our house is filled with requests for Pooh! Taysum is singing one of the songs all the time. He is also getting really good at the Supety Dupter-Whoopty Loopter-Ally Oopter Bounce...for those of you who have seen The Tigger Movie. Any time he gets frustrated he says, "Oh boder" (Oh, bother) or "Oh dear" or "Oh my." And believe it or not, he even asked for a "small smackeral" of honey tonight!!
Bailey is no exception! She doesn't much care for her Tigger tail, but she loves the movies as well and will take out her binky and show you "Pooh!" on it. It's really cute to hear her say it!
(I am now pretty caught up on my posts. I didn't want to do it all in one, so you'll have to go back and look at the Laramie Trip, and the Feb and March Catch-up posts as well!! I even finally got a really cute video on! Also, the title of this post, for some reason, is my favorite quote from the movie.)

6 comments:

  1. ok you have to be the cutest mom making your kids tigger tails!! I love the old winnie the pooh videos as well. Brings back all the childhood memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pooh! And you totally deserve Mother of the Year (MOTY) for making him a tail. My kids all have a small stuffed character from Winnie the pooh. Andrew's was Pooh, Sami got Piglet, Cody got Eeyore and Jayden has Tigger. Tigger isn't the same as all the other ones, but apparently they don't make the same style the first three were anymore. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can your family get any cuter? Seriously! Love their tails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's not to love about Pooh and his friends! Love the music too. I love Taysum, he is a cutie and says the funniest things. Way to go mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That is soo cute. Love the tail :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a great fan of Winnie the Pooh and all his friends. You are so creative to make those Tigger tails! Give hugs and kisses to Taysum and Bailey for me.
    Love, Aunt Janel

    ReplyDelete