Monday, March 30, 2009

Knot Master

So, Ken has been in the Young Men's Program since we've been married. In his Scout Troop, they are working on the Knot Master Program, so we've had A LOT of rope around lately. Ken has been trying to learn the knots and he found this guy named Dan, with videos on the Internet, that show you how to do the knots.

Taysum is absolutely fascinated!!! He is always asking to watch the "Hi my name is Dan" movies on the "compicture" (that is how he sayes computer). He is always tying something up as well. He's actually pretty good and comes up with some creative things! This is what he came up with today. He calls it the "Hero." So here is the Hero knot:


Hi, my name is Taysum
and today I am going to
show you how to tie the

Hero Knot

Step 1:




Step 2:





Step 3:





Step 4:

(once he added the colored rope he came to me and said,)
It's amazing!! I love color!!




Step 5:


Show your Mommy and pose as
proudly as you can for a picture!!




(Kung Fu Panda has been a big hero around here lately,
thus the song choice)


Just so you know, he did need some help
getting out of this one ;)


This is an interesting, intricate "Leprechaun-got-my-shoe" knot consisting of a series of weaving in and out of the holes in the shoe...another Taysum original :)




10 comments:

  1. How talented Taysum is - an artistic knot tyer! In our house Uncle Russ is the 'knot hero' - he can tie anything down and no one but him can undo it! Uncle Russ is so proud of Taysum and the knots he can tie.
    Love, Aunt Janel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... That's SO cute! Taysum is soo smart. I love how he wants to be JUST like his dad! It's adorable... and what a great role model. And of course Bailey can't be left out and is never far behind. Cute post Kim! We love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Alex wants so much to get his Knot-Master before Brother Cutler. He is driven!! Taysum and Jeffery have very similar styles... Not many one-handed knots out there. Although Ian's How to Tie Shoes site has a one handed shoelace knot that really rocks. We'll have to look for Dan's site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a DOLL! He's absolutely adorable! I love it when little guys try so hard to be like their daddy. I'm loving his proud face posing for the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute. The minute I clicked onto your website and that song came on, the kids were like a moth to the flame. They were like, "IS THIS KUNG FU PANDA!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a funny/smart little kido! Isn't it amazing the things they watch and learn. Jack too loves kung fu panda, he runs around the house saying "panda" all the time. Good luck with all of the knots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute...man when r we gonna get together...I am sorry for being such a slacker on our project and it looks like we are not going to get to do anything this month either since I will be out of town pretty much the whole month...so lets make a plan for May so we can get some ideas and get going...I am excited to see it come to life...ttys

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taysum is so adorable! His face being so proud in the end is priceless! What a creative seet little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kim- I had to go private on my blog. Can you email me your email address so I can invite you? Thanks;)

    claireleavittscott@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Kim! I hope you ate lots of cake, even more ice cream, and got to take a nap! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete