Wednesday, January 14, 2009



Ok....so...Korea....yeah...I'm still trying to convince myself that I'm really going! It hasn't sunk in yet! As many of you know, I've been working for a company called Eleutian Technology for about a year and a half and I've really enjoyed it! We started teaching the South Korean people to speak English over the internet. Now we have nearly 20 different clients/products and we are now expanding into Japan and Russia. One client services the entire world, so we are quickly becoming a world wide company. This has been a very exciting ride for me! I started out as a teacher and the part time manager of the Lovell center (we have centers in Cody, Powell, Lovell, Basin/Burlington, Worland, Sheridan, Provo, UT and Ten Sleep, which is our head quarters). I'm still a stay at home mom, so when the managing position got to be too much, I bowed out. Then, last June I was asked to be on the training team and I more than willingly accepted. It's been a difficult balance between home and work, but that's what life is about, right? Finding that balance? I'm still home with my kids, and do the majority of my work from home. When I train it's on a weekend or in the evening, so Ken is with the kids...works out great! So, in this process, I have been on the Korean news and filmed for a Government research project which is quickly establishing our company as the English program for the South Korean public school system. We are the leaders (by far) in our endeavors; which is pretty good for a 2 1/2 year old company! I really enjoy working with the teachers and still do a bit of teaching myself. Well, now I have been asked to go to Korea. One of our clients did not want to come over here to train us, so they are paying for us to go there! I should be gone for about a week. I don't know the dates yet, but it should be within the next few weeks. I was really nervous about leaving the kids for that long, but Ken is really excited and supportive and thinks it's the chance of a life time for me! He's been so wonderful in supporting me in all I do...I am so blessed to have him in my life! The kids have been great too...but they sure let me know when I've been at the computer too long ;). I'm not nervous at all about actually being in Korea...I've come to adore the people over the past year and a half...I'm dreading the 10+ hours flying over the ocean however...I just hope my MP3 player stays charged long enough and I should be...good? If you are interested in learning more about our company, you can go to eleutian.com and there is a little video about how it got started. If you look on the Assessment Tab, you'll see me on the site as well. So, there's the story and there's my plug ;)! I could go on an on...yes, even more than I have so far, but most of you have probably already stopped reading by now anyway! ;) Scroll down and see the true joys of my life and I'll keep you updated!

8 comments:

  1. Hey Kim that sounds exciting. I am so glad you have a blog I was going through some old stuff and found your wedding announcement and wanted to look you up. I love to blog and see others and what they are up to. Your kids are really cute. Sarah (paxton) Carpenter

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely a chance of a lifetime! How exciting!! I enjoyed reading more about Eleutian. That is pretty incredible. I can't believe how many people from all around the country are involved with that. Wow! That is so great! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting! What a woman you are! I'm so excited to see you started a blog. Now I can keep better tabs on your sweet little fam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim! I am so excited you have a blog! Now I can keep in touch with you ad your family so much easier. We saw Nick and met Lindi and Thanksgiving and it was so fun. They gave us a little update on you guys but this is way better! Korea sounds very exciting! Ican't wait to see the pics of your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ken is right... once in a lifetime opportunity. That will be SO good for you to go over there and experience all that. I'm very excited for you! I hope that it will all work out good for you!!
    p.s. Thanks for adding that song on your playlist for us. We ALWAYS think of Taysum when we hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEy Kim, saw your blog through someone else...hope you don't mind. That is awesome about going to korea! That would be so cool. I am enjoying eleutian's too>! It is a fun job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that sounds like a great experience. Ken is such a great Dad to take the kids! What an awesome opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim - The trip to Korea sounds like a great opportunity for you and your company! I'm glad that you enjoy the work that you do and that you are still able to be at home with your sweet little ones. And I agree that Ken is a great guy! Love you all so much -
    Aunt Janel

    ReplyDelete