Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Baydee

Taysum has had a lot of things going on lately, but we didn't want to forget about our Bailey Grace! She's had some adventures of her own lately! When Hayden and I were still in the hospital, Ken took the kids to McDonald's for lunch. Bailey was upset about something and threw (literally) one of her classic fits and broke her tooth on one of the tables. It was pretty jagged at first, and we were pretty lucky she didn't have to go to the dentist or anything! This is it 6 weeks later. It's kind of smoothed out again and we're happy it's just a baby tooth! (The front tooth on the right)
She always has been a good talker! These are some of her fun phrases:
  • I yub! (I love)
  • I got a tummy hurt
  • I fasting (I'm doing something fast)
  • I want motion (lotion: this is the magic cure for any ailment)
  • That's so cool! Awesome! (It's the way she says it)
  • She also has her own little animal language. She'll choose an animal and only speak with those sounds. It's pretty tricky to figure out what she's saying sometimes and she can be really stubborn about it, too! At dinner, Ken has to have her give him a new animal sound for each bite, or she won't eat! It's amazing that she is so young and has such a great vocabulary and speaks in full sentences and she won't speak when other people are around and 1/2 the time she's a cat, bird or puppy!!

Things that Bailey loves:

  • Dora
  • Her princess blankie
  • Dora
  • Playing games with Daddy
  • Dora
  • Dancing
  • Dora
  • Having so many stuffed animals in her bed, you can't find her
  • And she really loves Dora
  • Stories
  • Popcicles
  • Going for bike rides
  • Going along when ever we're going somewhere "I come?"
  • Cheese
  • Sweets
  • Pickles
  • Going to Grandpa and Grandma's house

Fun facts about Bailey:

  • When she wakes up from her nap, she always knocks on the door to be let out
  • If you put 4 chicken nuggets on her plate, she won't touch them, but if you put 3 on her plate, she'll eat them all up!
  • She quotes and talks along with episodes of Dora
  • She'll let me put pretties in her hair now, but she still pulls them right out
  • We always say an article of faith at night and she always chooses #3; she always chooses "I Love to See the Temple" for the song (It used to be "I Am A Child of God")
  • She usually has no problem going down for a nap and will still sleep for 3+ hours! However, getting her to go to bed at night is a nightmare! She probably takes too long of a nap, but she is miserable without them, or even if I wake her up early!
  • She goes back and forth between being a Mommy's girl and a Daddy's girl. Right now she's kind of in between.

Bailey is our little artist and she loves to color!! She loves it even more when Ken colors with her and draws pictures for her to color in. She is always really particular on what she wants him to draw. Here are some of her latest works:



We sure love our little "cowboy girl" princess!

5 comments:

  1. sweet post. Sounds like Bailey would get along really great with our girls, hopefully we can get them together sometime. Don't worry about her tooth, Makenna has pretty much a matching front tooth, she broke it when she was one and noe that she's gonna be four you can only slightly see were it broke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for baby teeth! AimeeLynn also has a broken tooth on top that she got almost a year ago. Such a sweet post about Bailey. :) I bet she loves being a big sister to her little brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have GOT to meet this little gem of yours! She's sounds like so much fun, and I'm sure Eleni would love to play Dora right along side her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are all to sweet and adorable!! Hopefully someday we will be able to get our kids together to play like we used to when we were little!! And I am very impressed with all of your blogging. After I had my 3rd kid it seems like I was in a black fog for months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so beautiful! She looks just like your Mom Kim, and you look just like your mom, so I guess that means she looks like you, but I especially think she looks like your mom! For what it's worth... ;) Anyway, you have a beautiful family!! :)

    ReplyDelete