Saturday, April 9, 2011

Quick Catch-Up

I haven't posted in awhile, because it doesn't seem like much has been going on.  But, as I look back through the pictures on my camera, I realize I'm getting behind again!  There's no common theme to this post... just some pictures of the everyday!

These first couple pictures kind of represent me "tooting my own horn."  We had been married about three years when we got this plant and it has survived move after move, neglect and just about all a plant can stand!  It's been hearty and faithful and it has become very special to me.  Usually after a move, we have to cut it way back because there is so much damage.  It was getting pretty long, and I finally got the courage to try and grow a start from it.  I took it down and found it covered with all these little bump-like growths.  The growths were right where the stem of the leaf meets the vine.  Some of the vines had no leaves where the bumps were.  I was really sad and worried about the plant.  I didn't want to just toss it after nearly 10 years!  So, I cut it back as much as I dared and hoped for the best.  I'm more than happy to say it has survived and is beginning to flourish again!!  Better yet, my starts took and now I have a second plant doing very well!  They still don't look like much, but you have to remember they started out with about 2 leaves each! :)

Early in March, my family got together and we went bowling just for fun!  It was a good time and it was fun to have everyone together.  I always get excited for get-togethers like this; spending time with family, etc.  I usually end up spending so much time helping/chasing/calming down, etc. my kids that before I know it... it's time to go home!  Oh well... it was still a good time and I was proud of myself for going even though I didn't have Ken with me!  The kids had a really good time, too.  We each got a strike!  Bailey was really fascinated with the shoes and she insisted I take a picture!
This little device was great for Bailey.  You just put your ball on top and give it a push.  As it follows the rails down, the ball gains momentum and speed and makes it a lot easier for the little ones!
CJ was pretty fascinated with the scores on the monitor!
Taysum did really well!  He saw all the adults taking a quick walk before they let the ball roll and he tried to imitate it.  He started clear back at the lockers, ran across the carpet, on to the bowling platform and let it go like crazy; it was such an effort, that he slipped and fell on his hind end.  And guess what!?  That's when he got his strike!

This shot wasn't close enough to really tell, but my sister really impressed me as she bowled while holding her nearly two year old at the same time!!
There are days, as I am sure there are in most families, when I think my kids should join the circus!  They come up with some pretty creative, if crazy, ideas all on their own!  Sometimes, though, they are actually pretty impressive.  Taysum has a gift that I really admire.  When he wants to learn something, he really puts his whole self into it!  He studies it from every angle and possibility; he reviews it again and again; before you know it, he's got it down and can do it with no problem!  Bailey is just something else!  She can just blow you away sometimes with that imagination of hers.  So, ladies and gentlemen, without further ado; now performing in the center ring, the amazing Cutler kids!  Presenting Bailey, playing the harmonica with, yes, her toes!!  And also Taysum, who has learned to blow bubbles with his gum!!  Amazing, folks!

The day after the bowling fun was a really wonderful day!  If you remember my post from our anniversary, we had planned  a trip to Billings to go to the temple and perform some sealings for family names.  One thing after another went wrong and it just did not happen!  This time, it was completely opposite and felt like it was absolutely meant to be!  Everything went so smoothly and well and it was just a wonderful, wonderful day.  The only downside, was Hayden realized we were gone after he had been at Uncle Nick and Aunt Lindi's for awhile and ended up crying himself to sleep.  Nick had been up on call the night before, so he was worn out, too and they both had a nice little nap!
This was a separate occasion and I just loved how his hand was positioned on his face!
Baily wanted to try on my coat...
Ken has flown to Utah for work a couple times recently and has brought home gifts for the kids.  He found these guitars at the airport and thought the kids would like them.  They are pretty impressive and the kids just love them... especially Taysum!
Taysum was showing off some pretty cool moves on the trampoline!

We even got out the keyboard for Hayden and started a band!
Bailey has just LOVED going to preschool this year.  She's done so well and has really developed socially, which has been such a blessing!  I love the little papers she brings home, too!  This one had her name on it, which she had written all by herself!  That was the first time I had seen her name written by herself!
Just a couple of sillies!

Another new thing we've tried is curling Bailey's hair!  I hadn't really tried it before, because she wouldn't hold still long enough until now.  It was really fun to do and I loved how it turned out, but no matter how much product I put in it, it barely lasted until we got to church.  The poor girl has really straight hair and it just wouldn't hold the curl!  Oh well, at least I got a couple of pictures! :)

1 comment:

  1. Super cute, post, the kids are getting so big!! Love all the pics, your kids are too cute.

    ReplyDelete