Monday, July 5, 2010

Bailey's Future....


I subbed in Nursery the other day and it was fun to see Bailey in Nursery mode. She LOVES Nursery and can hardly sit through Sacrament Meeting because she wants to go! The way she says it is more like "mystery" so it's kind of funny. Well, something very interesting happened that made me think we may be in trouble in the future! There were three little boys driving trucks and cars around the table. Well, our little girl jumped right in the middle and stopped everyone in their tracks. When all three boys were behind her and waiting, she started driving again. Then, she would yell, "STOP!" and look back and make sure they all stopped, then she'd laugh and say, "GO!" The boys didn't really know what to think about it at first, but they caught on and thought it was a great game and followed her lead. So, this continued for a while. I looked across the room and there are all the girls sitting quietly playing "Tea Set." I thought, well, maybe it's because she has an older brother, but no, one of the girls playing tea set has an older brother as well! *SIGH* Eventually, all the boys became interested in what the girls were doing and headed over to be with them...and Bailey? Yep, she was still playing trucks!! (In her defence, there was a little toy girl driving the truck!) Eventually, she did end up at the tea party as well! So...tomboy? diva? flirt? princess? or some wonderful mix of all the above that makes our beautiful little Bailey Grace!!

1 comment:

  1. oh goodness! Kim, I have to tell you it kills me how much our kids are alike! I have witnessed this exact same scenario with Jocelyn several times (we're nursery leaders)I swear one minute she wants her nails done and the next she is driving cars in the dirt. I guess that's what you get when they have brothers.. but I love the mix.

    ReplyDelete