Monday, September 26, 2011

Buckaroo Man

Around ten years ago or so, my bro-in-law, Mark, introduced us to the talents of Dave Stamey (davestamey.com).  He's a Cowboy Entertainer and we've really enjoyed his music over the years.  Early this past summer, I did a search on his tour schedule to see ifop it would be feasible to attend one of his concerts.  Turns out he was performing in Cody in August!  When I did the search, it was the end of May or so, so I thought tickets would be the perfect Father's Day gift!  

The performance was going to take place at Robin's Nest Bed & Breakfast (robinsnestcody.com).  I called to see about tickets.  She explained that it was a private party, but they invite anyone who would like to come.  They just asked for a small donation to cover Mr. Stamey's expenses and to bring a dish for a pot-luck.  It sounded perfect!  Since there weren't any actual tickets, I made up this little card for Ken to open on Father's Day:  

He was thrilled with the idea and SO excited!  Even though it was kind of a long time to wait!  On August 10th, we headed up to Cody.  This place was just amazing!  The food was fantastic and there was just such a fun atmosphere!  Dave Stamey was so great!  We enjoyed it so very much and had a great time meeting him!  It was a great experience and I'm so glad Ken and I got to share this evening together!






(Sorry the view is sideways!)


No comments:

Post a Comment