Monday, September 19, 2011

B's Birthday

August 2007

August 2011

Our sweet little B is 4 years old now!  It's unbelievable!  She is such a sweet, loving, helpful girl! At least 4 or 5 times a day she'll say, "Mom?  I love you."  She always wants to help whether it's laundry, dishes or cooking!  When we're at the store and she sees something out of place, she has to put it in the right place!  She always says the cutest things and keeps us smiling!  Some of her key words lately are: actually, observation, and that makes sense.  She knows she's a "Big" girl now and, in most respects, I think she's pretty mature for her age!  She still has her love for animals, but she is also becoming more "girly"!

She was SO excited to turn 4 and I think she had a pretty fun birthday!  She really likes the movie "Tangled" and it's the first real interest she's shown in princesses, so I was very excited to do a "Tangled" themed party!

The morning began with presents


Her nick-name is B, so we bought a Bee necklace for her.


Tangled shirt


Rapunzel doll (I love that she is starting to like dolls!)


Good morning, sleepy head!


So this was my idea for a Tangled cake:  I love that a cast iron skillet is the weapon of choice in the movie, so I had to incorporate that!  Then I used the "sun" theme and lots of purple.  I found the little doll for a topper and it came with a cut out of the tower, so I threw that in there, too.  It wasn't exactly what I had pictured, but I was pretty happy with it!


This was kind of a last minute idea I had at the store, I grabbed some head bands, yellow streamer and double sided tape and this is what we came up with for Rapunzel hair!

                                   

My mom was such an incredible help and the party seriously would have flopped if not for her!!  Thanks SO much, Grandma!


This gift was a big hit with all the kids (fruit snacks).


Some serious gift opening going on!


The boys started some cup stacking and they were making some pretty impressive structures!






Time for a pretty princess wish!


Bailey had fun with a bubble blower from her cousins and the girls really enjoyed all the bubbles!


Hayden is really hard to get a picture of anymore.  When he sees the camera, he just wants to see the picture and comes running before you can even take it!


We are so blessed to have this beautiful, sweet girl in our family!  We love you, B!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment