Friday, July 22, 2011

Another Look at My Garden

**Due to a mistake with my picture account and a computer crash, we sadly lost our pictures from June and July 2011 - however, some of them ended up in the 2012 Calendar I made**


I know this may sound a little pessimistic, but I really didn't think anything would grow when I planted my garden. I figured even if they did grow, the grasshoppers would get them. I've never had much patience when it's come to plants, but they are actually growing great! They may even produce, which would really be something! :)

Beans


An actual bud!


White potatoes


Red Potatoes


Pumpkin


OK, I have a little confession to make. When I planted the garden, I only had one potato. So, I planted it and then got some red seed potatoes the next day. So, a few days later, I planted the reds along with the white... or so I thought! I guess I wasn't paying much attention, because I planted them in the pumpkin barrel! So, I have one white potato in a barrel by itself and four reds with one pumpkin in another barrel! It's a little crowded, but so far so good! :s

And the first zucchini flower!


We have a tree that hangs over from the neighbor's yard and we have to cut it back every year. This year, Taysum thought it would be fun to make a nest out of the branches Ken cut. They were pretty proud of their little nest! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment