Thursday, December 3, 2009

Oh, the sweetest thing!

I just wanted to write this down before I forget. This is not an isolated incident, but I don't know if I've recorded it very well before. This morning Bailey and I dropped Taysum off at school and began to run some errands. She was a trooper, but 2 hours was a little much for both of us. She had about had it when we went to get Taysum again. She was throwing a HUGE fit by the time we got back into the car. Taysum was worried about her and started singing her favorite song, "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." She started to calm down and listen and he continued with "I Love to See the Temple," "I Am A Child of God" and "Follow the Prophet." I think "Jingle Bells" might have been in there, too! It really calmed her down. At one point, he stopped singing and she started up with "Twinkle, Twinkle" again and he joined in. By the time we got home she was just fine! He asked her if she was feeling better and she said yes. I had a lot to bring into the house, so I asked Taysum to hold Bailey's hand and help her into the house. He did and then he asked her to go play with toys and spun her around on the "merry-go-round" (computer chair.) He is such a sweet little boy and such a wonderful big brother! He's very mindful of Bailey and usually sees to it that she's well taken care of! I'm also thankful that Bailey loves her big brother so much and realizes he's trying to help her; I'm glad that she responds to him when all else fails. She looks to him for help and is always copying him! I am so blessed to have such beautiful, healthy, happy children!

6 comments:

  1. That is so sweet!! I bet that it just melted your heart :). BTY, I LOVE your new header picture, it is just precious, he really is a good big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute. I wanted to say I love the new picture too and Congrats on the little boy on the way as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Sam doing that when Leah was a baby too. Big brothers are nice to have around.... most of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute:) I LOVE the header too, who did them for you;) I am glad they tuned out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He reminds me of how Teancum is with Rebecca - those are the moments that make all the stress completely worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so endearing! It's no surprise though that 2 amazing sweet people have such sweet children.... which explains why mine are the way they are!

    ReplyDelete