Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Taysum's First Post

Hi! Some of you may have noticed that there was a new post on our page this past Sunday with no title and no post! Well, this was done by our budding computer boy!! He loves to play computer games (Thomas and Friends, Bob the Builder, etc.) I had our blog page up as well, and he started clicking a way and as near as we can tell, he made his first post!

I also wanted to write down something before I forgot. This morning, during Taysum's prayer, he had quite a list, but my favorite was when he prayed about wanting to play with Bailey. They are such good friends and he is so protective of her. He's an early riser and he can hardly wait for her to wake up in the morning. More than once, her nap has been cut short because he can't wait until she wakes up. Whenever he gets crackers, he always tells me that she wants some, too. Whenever he gets something, he makes sure there is one for Taysum and one for Bailey; like a hat. Yesterday, I took him to a friends house while I went to a meeting. I told him this was where we were going to play. He said, "I want Bailey play here." He tickles her and always wants her to come do what he's doing.

Bailey is the same. They are rarely apart, and she's really sad when Taysume isn't around. She's always excited when it's time to get Taysum from school. If I have to leave them somewhere, she's just fine as long as Taysum is there too. She looks to him for help. She lets him sit on her, roll over her, tickle her and drag her around to play.

They do have their moments; Bailey will let Taysum know when he's sat on her just a little too long. Taysum will let Bailey know when he's done sharing; but I love watching them together and learning from them that there really is no other relationship like a relationship between siblings. I hope this is something they keep with them always!

4 comments:

  1. So sweet! I LOVED reading this post. What a special relationship;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Caleb had those same computer games when he was little. They Are great! He's still a computer whiz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They grow up way too fast and are way too smart. I love that they ahve such a special relationship! How cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a wonderful feeling, isn't it? My Teancum and Rebecca are like your Taysum and Bailey - they play together constantly and it was so hard for her when he started kindergarten and they had to be apart. This summer has been fun so they can play together all the time, just like old times.

    ReplyDelete