Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tyler and a Trip

We had so much going on the end of August.  The most wonderful, and emotional, was seeing my youngest brother off on his mission!  Tyler is just... good!  He's such a good person!  We love him so much and really miss him!  He's so caring, considerate, and generous!  So strong, humble and kind!  I was able to be with my parents and sister when Pres. Caldwell set him apart as a missionary.  That was my first experience attending a missionary setting apart and it was incredible!  The missionary spirit is very unique; powerful and exciting!  I am so glad I was able to be part of it!  All too soon, came the day we sent him off!  He had to be to the Cody airport super early in the morning and I was able to go see him off with my parents.  Another missionary from Lovell was also headed out on the same plane.  Elder Ethan Croft is serving in Africa; it was fun to have the Crofts there as well.

Elder Anderson and Elder Croft

The Elders and parents

My baby brother!


Chad also made it up to say goodbye!

Tender moments

 
Ready to board!



Well, he didn't quite make it without a hitch... the wind was really strong that morning and they asked someone to volunteer to go on a different flight.  No one would volunteer, so they picked someone randomly and... yup... Tyler was the lucky draw! :S  It was a little stressful, but they got things figured out and he was able to leave on a flight later that same day; around noon.  In a way, it was kind of nice because he was able to take a good nap!

I'm so glad that I went!  Later that day, we headed out on a trip of our own.  Ken got an interview in Rock Springs, WY for a job as an Engineer for PacifiCorp.  He did well in his phone interview and was invited to Rock Springs for a face to face interview.  We had the chance to go with him.  Taysum stayed with Gpa and Gma Anderson so he wouldn't miss school.  Hayden and Bailey did really well on the trip and we enjoyed it!  We also took the kids swimming at the hotel and now Bailey always talks about how going to Rock Springs = going swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment