Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Whole Life in a Weekend

A bridal shower, a birthday party, a baby blessing, an Eagle Court of Honor, a Seminary Graduation, a funeral, and a High School Graduation all in three days. It was a roller coaster of emotions, but very wonderful!

First of all, I had to include this picture of Taysum and his trains the day after his birthday. He had all three trains right with him all day. He's at the computer watching (care to guess?) Thomas!
This was just cute, I thought!We had this little onesie for Taysum and wanted to get a picture of Hayden in it as well.Friday night, Ken went on a campout and took Taysum with him. That night, or rather, Saturday morning, Ken's parents got to our house. It had been about 4 months since we've seen them, so it was good to have them here! The kids were SUPER excited to have Grandpa Ned and Grammy Penny here. It was fun to see them meet Hayden for the first time, as well! Later that morning, we had a Bridal Shower for my brother Matt's fiancee Megan. It was the first time Lindsay and I had met her. We just had a little gathering with the ladies of the family. We had a nice time just getting to know her. I really like her a lot! She just seemed to fit in so naturally and I'm really excited to get to know her better as a sister!!
After the shower, Ken's brother, Mark and his family had arrived at our house. They had been in Sheridan at a leather show. They go every year and then come over the mountain to stay with us for a few days. It's been a great tradition and we love having them! Our nephew, Quinn had a birthday that day, so it was back to the bowling alley! Grammy Penny, Taysum, Sami and I went. We had a great time! Happy 6th, Quinn!!
Taysum and Sami
Matt and Megan
This is silly, but I don't want to forget. I knew we'd get along just great when she offered me not only her turn to bowl, but her bowling shoes as well! Now, is that a sister or what!?!
This is my Grandpa Garrick (my mom's dad). His middle name is Taysum, which was his mother's maiden name. So, that is how Taysum got his name. We told Taysum this was Grandpa Taysum and he thought that was just the best thing ever! He thought it was so cool that Grandpa had glasses just like him too! After this picture, Taysum said, pointing to Grandpa, "Mom, can I talk to that guy?" I said, "Sure!" He said, "Grandpa Taysum, I love you!" Grandpa said he love him, too. He really connected with Grandpa Taysum and he still asks about him! We're excited to see him again in July at Matt and Megan's wedding!!
Grandpa Taysum and Grandma Garrick (and some one's hand ;) )
Grammy Penny and Sami
"Hanging out" with Uncle Matt
Birthday Party

It was so fun to watch the two engage-ees! I caught this pose and then...
...this one! I hope Matt and Megan are still as happy and as in love as these two, one day!
Little Celeste can be shy around people, but she sure liked her Uncle Matt!
Grandma was so excited to meet Hayden and they had some great times together! She was so good to hold him as much as she did; she was so tender with him. One time his blanket was a little jostled and she was really concerned that his feet would get cold. I just loved watching her hold him! She held him while I helped fold programs for Tyler's Eagle Court of Honor. It was so nice to get to visit with Aunt Janel. Then Lindsay, Megan and my Mom joined in later.
Sunday morning was Hayden's baby blessing. Ken did such a wonderful job with the blessing and the Spirit was so strong in the ward that day! This was the only of the kids' blessing where Ken was emotional, that I remember. He said it was because he was so touched by all the family there, plus, Hayden is our last one! It was so wonderful! Hayden was supported by many wonderful men in that circle: Great Grandpas Garrick and Anderson; Grandpas Anderson and Cutler; Great Uncle Russ, Uncles Matt, Chad and Mark, his Dad and Bishop Wolsey. We were so overwhelmed and thankful for all the family we had there! Both sets of my grandparents, both Ken's and my parents. My sister, her family and two of my brothers (and future sister-in-law) one of Ken's brothers and two of my aunts. It was quite a crowd and I couldn't pass up the chance to get some great pictures!
Parents and Grandparents
We're just missing Grandpa and Grandma Cash who wanted to come, but had other obligations; I'm sure Grandpa and Grandma Cutler were with us that day as well; it will be great to meet them one day!
Bailey was fascinated with this bell and Grandpa Anderson even rang it for her!
The Cutler Men
A great line of fathers
This was just one of those one-in-a-million shots. I caught him at just the right moment: not posing, just being his wonderful self!
Aunt Janel, Grandma Garrick and my Mom
Grandpa Anderson was wonderful with the kids! He was off playing with them while the other adults visited. Mark told us that Sami is super shy and they've never seen her warm up to anyone so quickly!
Our little blessing
The rest of the day was really busy as well! We went home and Grammy Penny and Grandpa Ned left for home in Utah. We played some games and enjoyed time with Mark and Alicia and their family. We wanted to give the kids a break, so just Hayden and I went to a family dinner at my parents. It was nice to get to spend some time with the Garricks and Warenskis. Then Ken, Bailey, Hayden and I went to Tyler's Eagle Court of Honor. I was so bummed that I forgot my camera!! We're so proud of all of Tyler's achievements! He has always been such a good kid and he is becoming a wonderful man! Right after the Court, he graduated from Seminary; we were sad to miss that, but again so proud of him! We went home and got the kids to bed and then stayed up late talking with Mark and Alicia! It was so great to have them here!!
Then next morning, I took the kids over to say goodbye to Uncle Matt and Aunt Megan. This is just another reason I love her already!!
More time for Hayden with Great Grandma Garrick
(the blanket is one she sent before he was born)
Next was a funeral. A friend of mine from school was killed and her funeral was that day. It was a very sad situation, but the funeral was so beautiful! Her parents are in our ward and they are just the greatest people! The Spirit was so strong and there was just a wonderful feeling of hope and comfort. I'm so grateful for the knowledge that families can be together forever and that a loving Heavenly Father watches so lovingly over his children.
Later that day was Tyler's Graduation Party and Graduation. I thought it would be too crazy to try and take three kids to the party on my own, but Ken volunteered to watch the kids so I could go to the Graduation. It was a very nice event and it was fun to watch my parents watch their baby "leave the nest!"
This is a shot of my cousin and Tyler in the program
Tyler was second to last in the march and he swooped up his marching partner and made a great show! :)
His name being read to receive his diploma. One special thing for all five of us kids is that our Uncle Dan has been on the school board all that time and each one of us has received our diploma and a hug from Uncle Dan!
Did I say he was the "baby" of the family?!?
Well, all of that in three days!! It was so wonderful to have so much family here and to share love, tears, hope and joy together. What a blessing, is family!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a weekend. I loved reading this post and hearing about all the family. I love all you guys up there. That candid shot of Ken is precious. I love all the grandparent shots too. You guys are so sweet how you're welcoming Megan into the family. She's a lucky girl;) It's so cute how much Taysum loves his trains. That brings back memories from when Caleb was young. So sweet;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! And I thought I had a busy weekend! That must've been nuts trying to get everyone to all of the different places with enough food and rest in between to enjoy it all. It was great to see all of those pictures of everyone. I miss your entire family. They are such amazing people--some of the finest folks in Wyoming! :)

    ReplyDelete