Friday, September 4, 2009

Fireworks...in September?!!

So, yesterday Bailey was down for her nap and I went to shower...finally. Half way through, I heard Taysum going on about something and I could only hear snatches, "...my house!" "What's going on?" etc. So, I start calling him to try and figure out what is going on, but he won't answer me. He just runs to the door and yells something to me evey once in a while that I can't understand. My first thought is that maybe some one is at the house, so I don't exactly want to go running out there. I'm getting frustrated and finally get him to come talk to me. I ask him what is going on. He says something like, "What's going on my house?" and then the "best" one, "Fireworks in the kitchen!" Ok, so I'm out of the shower and mostly wrapped in a towel headed toward the kitchen and I see a strange flickering light. I get to the kitchen and, sure enough...fireworks...in the microwave!!! It was pretty crazy! Through the door of the microwave I see what looks like one of those flowers, I think they're called. They are those ones you light on the ground and they have a pretty flame on top and sparks underneath! It was exactly that way! Sparks and everything!! So, I get the microwave off and open the door to figure out what in the world he had put in there. All that was left was a charred, half package of pink lemonade koolaid! Apparently they have a metallic lining inside, thus the sparks. I went on to tell Taysum how dangerous that was and to thank Heavenly Father that it hadn't been worse. I have no idea how long of time he had set it for or even how long it had been going, but there was over 51 minutes left on the timer! I'm so thankful it didn't make a bigger fire; it didn't even ruin the microwave! New rule: microwave is only plugged in when in use...by a mommy or daddy!! :) Sorry...this wasn't exactly one of those moments where I thought, he shouldn't have done this, but it's kind of cute, so I'll take a picture...and yes....Ken did ask me if I had taken one...*sigh* ;0)

On a lighter note, our kids have really been into watching Dora the Explorer and Diego lately. It's been so funny to listen to the Spanish they've picked up from these shows. Yesterday Taysum was sorting some toy cups into grande and pequeno. He would say to Bailey, "Grande or pequeno? Bailey? I want grande!" Bailey's favorite has been, ayudame. She'll pretend to be stuck and say, "Ayudame, help, ayudame!!" If they are still "into" it, I think it would be really fun to dress them as Dora and Diego for Halloween...that's a whole month+ away, though, so we'll have to see!

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome. Nice song choice, too! It makes me wonder if he had purposely chosen shower time to break out the fireworks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How scary. It's a good thing he came and told you and it wasn't worse. Why is it kids only do stuff like that when your in the shower or something?I love that your kids like Dora and Diego, Makenna was obsessed with Dora for awhile and she was even Dora last halloween. Brett and I found that Map song maddening after about the 500th episode

    ReplyDelete
  3. O man Heavenly Father must have been watching over him and your family at that moment. Thank goodness nothing worse happened and you were just able to laugh about it. That's a great idea to dress them up as Dora and Diego for Halloween... I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete