Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mommy Moment

So, I had a pretty good "Mommy Moment" tonight. Taysum wanted me to read, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle. We read it together, as he has most of it memorized. After the story and a prayer, I asked him if he would like a song. He said he wanted a caterpillar song. I thought for a moment, but I couldn't think of any caterpillar songs. So I said, "I'm sorry; I don't know any caterpillar songs. Can you think of a different one?" He said, "How about....a caterpillar song?" We repeated this a couple times and then I started to think and this is what I came up with:

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Song
(Sung to "The Eency Weency Spider")


Once there was a caterpillar, he was very small
Then he saw a lot of food and he ate it all!
He got big and fat and built a nice cocoon
Then he was a butterfy very, very soon.

Probably won't win a Grammy, but it made my little boy smile...actions and all!



13 comments:

  1. Very cute. Isn't it amazing what moms come up with to put a smile on their baby's faces?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... That is TOO cute! VERY creative. I think it's grammy worthy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! You are such a better mom than I am. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great, you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That was super cute. I'm totally impressed and I'm sure Taysum was too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It made this "grammy" smile. Mom Cutler

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just too cute!! Taysum will probably never forget that. :) Way to go Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have always been so creative!! Very cute! Taysum is definetly a lucky little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely Awesome! What a wonderful Mommy moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quick thinking, I think it was great. Much more creative than I could have been.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww...that' so sweet. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your song is impressive! I will make up songs and my girls just look at me like I have no clue. You are a great mother and friend!

    ReplyDelete