Tuesday, February 17, 2009

a haiku for you

So, the last couple weeks have been pretty difficult. I didn't even make a post about our 9th anniversary on the 5th! Last night I was looking through some things and I found a little book I had made for Ken a few years ago. We had some inside joke about haikus, so I wrote him a little book of haikus. To refresh your memory from 7th grade English ;), a haiku is a form of Japanese poetry made up of 3 un-rhymed lines of 5, 7 and 5 syllables. They are usually about nature or a particular season, so these are not real haikus, but...it was for fun, so...you know! I really enjoy writing and some of them turned out pretty well. So, like I said they are a few years old, but I thought I'd share some of the better ones with you. Ken, you are the best! Thanks for loving me!



you gave me the wings
i only thought i had when
i was by your side

today is but a
meomory of tomorrow
yet, yesterday's hope

movies and popcorn
games, as long as i win
just to be with you

music is the love
that brings the joy of living
to those who hear it

you paint the colors
on the canvas of my heart
the portrait of love
(my personal favorite)

13 comments:

  1. Wowsa, girlfriend! I had to think about some of those for a minute! You are uber-talented. That one about today/tomorrow/yesterday is my fave! I can't believe you wrote a whole book of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... those are beautiful Kim!! How are you feeling? It was so sad to hear about your horrible week. We are thinking about you and hope you're doing better. Hang in there! :) We love you!! And CONGRATS on your anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checkin' on your blog. You always have been a talented writer, Kim. I love the haikus. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim! This is Sarah, used to be Criswell, Dike. I love your blog. Check out ours at dikefamily.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Kim I didn't realize you have been married that long Steve and I will celebrate our 11th at the end of the month. Hope you are feeling better and your haikus are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, I can't get over your blog. It is awesome! And next time you are in Cheyenne, you had better stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are awesome!....so sweet. You are an incredibly talented writer! So sorry to hear about your rough week, just know you aren't alone. We all have weeks and days when we feel overwhelmed and like we just don't measure up. Hang in there! You're an awesome mom. I love reading about your adventures with your Littles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remembered that you like to write but that is amazing! Such Talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that poem is BEAUTIFUL...you are very talented...you should be published...what a gift...so great to be able to keep up to date with you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is awesome! Sorry, you're probably wondering who we are. My husband, Brad, worked with your husband for a while last summer at Western Engineering. We found your blog through the Edwards family, and we're sure glad we did!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a grea tribute to your love! What a great writer you are! thank you for sharing it was beautiful. Hope you are feeling better! Take Care. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Kim! Just wanted to say hi and check-in with you. Hope all is well. I know your just getting home from your trip and I've been anxiously waiting to hear and see all about it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Ninth anniversary! You are quit the poet, I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete