Sunday, June 26, 2011

Garden in a Bucket

In front of our house, there are four large barrels.  Every year I want to put flowers in them... but it never quite works out how I planned.  So, this year, I decided to plant our "garden" in them!  I planted beans, potatoes, pumpkins and zucchini (things I thought would be easy to grow).  I was nervous, because I've never been very good with plants, but it's been a very rewarding experience!  Step one was to clear out all the weeds:
Before
After
Before

After

I moved this planter by our door and planted flowers.  I planted pansies, because that's one of my favorites.

Before

After
 
This experience has been wonderful so far!  It's taught me a lot about hope and the reward of hard work!  I feel more connected to my parents and grandpa also, because they were such great gardeners!  I'm excited to see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment